While sitting in my bio 101 class in my last quarter of my undergraduate college career i am learning about things that are not new to me. Many of these concepts I learned while taking projects in 4-H. Having animals and first hand experiences taught me more than any classroom lecture could. Youth who are involved in our programs will be so more prepared and ready for college. Every day I find another reason why 4-H and FFA are so valuable.
I do feel the same way. All during the summer 4-H and FFA members are learning and working on projects, when other children not involved in 4-H and FFA are not engaged. 4-H and FFA teach children so much more of the life skills and responsibility than the schools are willing to take the time to do. I showed beef steers, market lambs, and hogs at my county fair and the Ohio State fair and I am glad that I learned responsibility and discipline from all those projects. Just another example of way I am so passionate about 4-H and FFA.
ReplyDelete