The First Tee
This program is based around the sport of golf and teaches youth about 9 core values.
Honesty
Intergrity
Sportsmanship
Respect
Confidence
Responsibility
Perserverance
Courtesy
Judgment
All of these values are taught through the game of golf. The youth work to improve thier game while improving themselves. This is a great organization that I have worked with and am thinking about working with after graduation to gain some different experience. Check out the website to see all of the great stuff this program does!!
http://www.thefirsttee.org/club/scripts/home/home.asp
Here are some of the cool promotional videos the program has:
http://www.thefirsttee.org/custom/video.html
For some reason, I am addicted to the sport of golf. My awful skills don't even qualify me as an "amateur", but I would have loved to be a part of this program as a youngster.
ReplyDeleteOverall, however, I think involvement in most extracurricular, or intracurricular, activities teach a lot of the same values you listed above, it just depends on a student's specific interests and strengths to determine which organization he/she joins.
Just wanted to tell you that I love your background!!!
ReplyDelete